In real life, the HK416 is an Assault Rifle used by the American Delta Force, Germany, Canada, Australia, and a
few other nations. Its HK-proprietary short-stroke gas piston system is
Black Ops 2Edit
The HK416 is classified as an Assault Rifle in Black Ops 2, making its first appearance in the Call of Duty series in said game. It sports low recoil and has ammo aplenty, although in black ops 2 it is misnamed as a M27 IAR.
The HK416 can be seen quite frequently in the campaign. It is rather useful for taking out long-range enemies, and has plenty of ammo to start with. It is the third most common assault rifle used by friendly forces, the first being the SCAR-H and the second being the XM8. The HK416 is a primary in the default loadout for the mission "Celerium". Your squad-mates use it in some missions, including "Karma" and "Odysseus".
The HK416 is the fifth Assault Rifle in its category in Black Ops 2, Being unlocked at level 31.
- Sightmark Sure Shot Reflex Sight (unlocked at weapon level 2)
- Quickdraw Handle (unlocked at weapon level 3)
- Fast Mag (unlocked at weapon level 4)
- Trijicon ACOG (unlocked at weapon level 5)
- Fore Grip (unlocked at weapon level 6)
- Adjustable Stock (unlocked at weapon level 7)
- Target Finder (unlocked at weapon level 8
- AN/PEQ-2 Laser Sight (unlocked at weapon level 9)
- Selective Fire Mode (unlocked at weapon level 10)
- EOTech 552 Sight (unlocked at weapon level 11)
- Red Jacket Firearms Supressor (unlocked at weapon level 12)
- Full Metal Jacket Ammunition (unlocked at weapon level 13)
- Leupold HAMR sight (unlocked at weapon level 14)
- Extended Magazines (unlocked at weapon level 15)
- M230 Underbarrel Grenade Launcher (unlocked at weapon level 16)
- Millimetre Scanner (unlocked at weapon level 17)
The HK416 is only available in the "Nuketown" zombies map and can be found in the mystery box for 950 points. Even without being pack a punched, this gun is fairly good and can be useful into the early teen rounds. Be warned, though, as the gun will run out of ammo quickly on higher rounds. Spend 5000 points to pack a punch this gun and you will have the Mystifier. The gun's maximum ammunition capacity is upgraded from 240 rounds reserve to 360 rounds reserve, but the number of bullets the magazine will hold stays the same. Damage is increased, and the default attachment upon pack a punching it is the Sightmark Sure Shot Reflex sight. On pack a punching again, you have a chance to get the target finder or the millimetre scanner. Aiming for headshots with this gun, whether it is pack-a-punched or not, will always be a good idea.